photo home_zps38eefb72.png  photo aboutme_zpsd52aac8f.png  photo mystore_zps39a49aca.png  photo privacypolicy_1.jpg

February 1, 2015

Snowball Sight Words with Snow Dough!

 
As I finish up cleaning my house this Super Bowl Sunday, this is how I'm feeling! :)
Before we head out to a party, I wanted to post a fun activity I have planned for this week.  There's been so many times that I pinned things on Pinterest that are amazing ideas, but I just never get around to them.  I could not pass this one up though...as soon as I saw it, I knew my sweet students would LOVE it! 

 Three Ingredient Snow Dough - This stuff is really fun to mold and squish!
 
Yesterday, I got to work making it.  I am planning on using this fun dough as a way to practice sight words.  I found some awesome play-doh sight word mats on TPT.  Click on the pic below to get them too.  They were $4 for all 220 sight words.
 
Sight Word Playdoh Work Mats 220 Dolch Words  (Black/White
 
I printed out the black and white sight word mats, and then put everything in a plastic container.  Then I put the sight word cards in a plastic baggy.  If you use a clear container, you can even put them underneath.  The students will make "snowballs" to make their sight words.  I can't wait to use these!
 
 
The students will just roll the dough into little snowballs and cover the word with them.  I will be posting more fun winter activities soon, but I am heading out to a party now.  Have a wonderful week!!
 
Hope you enjoy!
 
Ciao!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment