photo home_zps38eefb72.png  photo aboutme_zpsd52aac8f.png  photo mystore_zps39a49aca.png  photo privacypolicy_1.jpg

September 6, 2013

Dip Trays and Free on Friday

What a busy week between paper work and lesson planning!  Things are finally starting to calm down a little.  Then I won't be MIA for 6 days a week. :)  I have had a meeting almost every day (except today) this week!  The beginning and the end of the school year is always the most exhausting.  As far ahead as I start getting ready for the school year, there is always something that comes up and needs to be done.

So, at Dollar Tree last week I was shopping around looking for some extra tools and decorations for my classroom.  I found these awesome dip trays:


I KNEW right away that I could use these in my classroom.  I loved the fun color and design, and  I saw so many possibilities. So, I bought 5 of them.  I came up with a few ideas and decided to test them out.

Here is how I'm using them with my 3rd graders.  We are learning all about nouns this year, so this will definitely come in handy! You can glue the titles onto the try or you can just place them on it if you plan on changing them.  In the beginning I might use only singular and plural, and then as the year goes on I will add in the other categories.  Or, I may want to do one for just plural and possessive.  I love all the ways I can use this!


 
 I'm using this tray for practicing main idea/supporting details.  I'll write the main idea and the kiddos can write details about it.  I'll start off small with just one thing, and as they master that concept we will use them during reading.  I'll write the main idea of the story, and the kiddos can write the supporting details.  This can be adapted for any grade level. 

 Dry erase markers work awesome on it!!
 
I'll also use it for word building.  I can give a specific ending and the kiddos can think of as many words as they can with that ending and write it on the tray.

The possibilities are endless!!!! I can't wait to think of some more ways to use these in my room.  Great way to spend $1.  I'm so so so excited to use these in my classroom.  My kiddos are as well!




It is Free on Friday, so I would like to share with you my noun sort cards that I made and used for this tray.  You can download them at my store here.  While you're there, be sure to become a follower so you can hear about all my new freebies as soon as they come out!

Have a wonderful weekend!









No comments:

Post a Comment