photo home_zps38eefb72.png  photo aboutme_zpsd52aac8f.png  photo mystore_zps39a49aca.png  photo privacypolicy_1.jpg

December 30, 2013

Freebie and Sales

Hello all!!  Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.
Santa brought us some great news about my mom.  We found out that 2 of the 3 tumors on her brain are gone, and the 3rd (which was the biggest) went from 1 inch to 1/4 of an inch.  The tumor on her lung went from 3.6 cm to 3.2 cm.  Other tests show that the rest of her body continues to remain cancer free!  She has responded well to radiation and chemo.  She is taking a short break and trying to get her strength back up.  Once she is a little stronger, they are going to continue regular chemo again.  In the meantime, they are just giving her one chemo to make sure it doesn't spread, but it has no side effects.  Thanks for everyone's thoughts and prayers.  We have needed this kind of news and have been waiting for a long time to finally hear good news!

I've been away for a while, but one of my new year's resolutions is to post at least once a week on my blog!  Christmas is such a fun time of year, especially in the classroom!  Here is a peak at some of the things we've done the last couple weeks before Christmas break.  If you like what you see, come check out my TPT store and do some early classroom Xmas shopping!  I'm throwing a 20% off sale on most of my products, so my common core aligned Literacy and Math bundle will be included.

One thing I've been working hard with my kinders (and even some of my older students) is segmenting sounds correctly.  I wanted to add some fun to it, so I created this sweet activity:


My students use this template to slide actual peppermint swirl candies to segment the sounds in a word.  I say the word and then they segment the sounds.




Then, they record it on this recording sheet here.


Here is what the activity looks like in action, except I didn't have a colored printer available, so don't mind the black and white :). 


It was fun and engaging for my little kiddos!  

We also played a "Real and Nonsense Word" game.  It looked like this:


(again, sorry it's in black and white)


Some of my other activities in the pack include:



Sight word practice adaptable for any sight word. 


Count and clip activity



Full-page 10 frame mats

These are just a few of the activities.  This pack has a total of 90 pages (about 85 pages of activities, etc.)




Keep on the look out in the next few days for New Years activities and freebies.

See you next year!

Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment